This week was dominated by the Parrot’s ARDrone, which is just about the coolest toy I’ve seen in a while, made even cooler by augmented reality from our friends at int13. Other AR news articles making the rounds this week:
- Techcrunch (1) discovers the VR versus AR Google trends graph. I think just about every other AR blog featured it at some moment.
- The Guardian had an interesting article (featuring this blog) “Seven things you need to know about augmented reality” followed by a piece about AR and the future of journalism.
- Laboratory 4 had a nice roundup on the current state of AR “The reality of augmented reality” that got a follow up by Blair MacIntyre.
- Techcrunch (2) covered yet another AR browser named Nomao.
- And yet another brand of sugary cereals use AR to augmented its boxes.
Our weekly video comes from Techcrunch (3), and I’m quite sure most of you will find it non-AR. Yet, since it really makes you see things differently, exposing hidden information not available to most of us in any other way, I tend to call it AR. It’s called SnapTax, and it helps you fill up your taxes by taking a picture of your tax forms (if you are a US citizen).
Have a great week!