You’ve probably already seen the video below about GM’s initiative to put an augmented reality HUD on future windshields because its been posted on many sites. The product, as explained, would improve safety in limited vision situations and create useful information for the viewer.
These are noble goals. But why not have a little fun with the system, too.
1) Relieve rush hour stress with lasers that shoot that annoying “lane switching” guy.
2) Read your tweets on the move (and let voice recognition post your tweets.)
3) Add Unicorns and Rainbows to dreary city streets using a Cornify like add-on.
4) Create a game out of driving safely by checking your distance to next vehicle (okay, this one is noble too, sue me.)
5) Create stats on annoying things like how many stop signs you’ve passed.
6) Play SlugBug with your car.
7) Keep you from running over cute bunnies (your kids will love you.)
8) Make every street look like downtown Tokyo.