For me, this week’s highlight was seeing Natal demoed live (cool!) and some more advanced features Microsoft is pushing into Photosynth (even cooler!).
Here some other interesting things that happened this week:
- The most exciting bit of news came from Google this week – they plan to open up Goggles for third party developers. It would be interesting to see what that entails.
- Which reminds me that they also bought visual search startup Plink this week, which specializes in identifying artworks.
- Layar had some very exciting news on their own, announcing 1.5m downloads and 500 layers.
- Layar also posted about this interesting layer that virtually recreates the Berlin Wall.
- Chris Grayson is narrating his Augmented Reality & Emerging Technologies presentation
- Directions Magazine on the trivialization of augmented reality and why AR should do more than helping you locate the closest starbucks.
This post was slightly delayed because I couldn’t find any appropriate video to put here. So here’s an old one that I find pretty cool and never have posted over here before. I thought of dedicating a whole post for it, but since it’s been lying in my inbox since January, it will have to do with being the weekly video. From the University of Adelaide, magic:
Have a good week and stay away from erupting volcanoes!
Filed under: Uncategorized |