The Auggie Awards™ have been promoting excellence in Augmented Reality since 2010. It is now extending the 4th Auggie Award™ Competition with new exciting categories. Here’s the full download on Why, What, Which, When, Where, Who and How…
Looking forward to your AWEsome submissions by the deadline on May 15th!
Why Auggie Awards?
The Auggie Award™ Competition is an initiative by AugmentedReality.org, the producer of Augmented World Expo – the world’s largest gathering of Augmented Reality Professionals. The goal of the competition is to promote excellence in Augmented Reality in various platforms and categories. The competition is intended to bring the best in Augmented Reality from around the world to the public at large, and to recognize the best in AR: teams who develop technology and solutions that demonstrate how AR can empowers humans to interact with the world in a more advanced, engaging, and productive way.
Consistent with AugmentedReality.org’s mission to educate, connect, and hatch new initiatives in the augmented world, and AR.ORG’s global goal to inspire adoption of AR towards the goal of 1 billion active AR users by 2020, AR.ORG is co-sponsoring this competition, offering award trophies and cash prizes.
What Are the Prizes?
AWE and its award sponsors are proud to offer combined cash prizes of over $20,000, and 6 coveted Auggie Trophies – each one-of-a-kind hand made art sculpture by a renowned artist.
Which Award Categories Are Available?
- Best Augmented World Video (Design fiction)
- Best Augmented World Hardware (Eyewear, Wearables, Gestures, etc)
- Best Augmented World Solution for Enterprises and Industry – Sponsored by SAP
- Best Augmented World Mobile App (Browsers, Games, Education, etc)
- Best Augmented SDK for Developers
- Best Augmented Marketing Campaign
- Best AR Startup (Submission period expired)
When is it Happening?
- Submission Period for nominations: May 1st to May 15th, 2013
- Public Voting to Identify the Finalists: May 16th to May 30th, 2013
- Judging Panel to Select the Winners: June 1st to June 4th, 2013
- Winner Announcement at the Auggie Award Ceremony: 6:30pm on June 4th, 2013 at The Santa Clara Convention Center
How Do I Enter?
- First, read the rules
- Then, Sign up to the AWE site to create an account, or log in with Facebook, Twitter, or Linkedin.
- Submit your nomination that adheres to the rules and the respective category criteria, along with contact info, description, video URL, screenshots, and the additional fields.
- If your submission adheres to the rules it will appear on the respective Award Category page within 24 hours. Public voting starts on May 16th, 2013.
- Make sure, to subscribe to your submission by checking the box below the comments to track it. And, share with your community to get more votes!
Who Went Home With Auggies?
- Checkout previous winners 2010-2012