I’m back! (but not for long, following the augmented reality event I’ll be mostly offline for three weeks). Speaking of augmented reality events, this week’s linkfest is full of talks from other events that took place recently:
- Total Immersion’s presentation on the augmented reality business event in Germany. You can skip the first part of TI’s COO Eric Gehl talk (he’s mostly demoing TI products), but on the second part he talks about making money of AR.
- Gene Becker’s slides from the Web2Expo conference, where he analyzes Roku’s Reward as a good example of augmented reality experience.
- Tish Shute on whether Nokia’s N8 is the perfect AR device. Nokia should pay me for this link text.
- Toby reports from RTT Excite conference.
- Wikitude has a world cup competition (that’s the world cup in soccer) where you could win one of ten LG smartphones.
- Zugara explains why augmented reality may have a Jan Brady’s complex. They also gave a talk about the potential of AR to GSD&M Ideacity (an advertisement agency). Here are the slides.
This week’s video demonstrates cooking with AR, a video showcasing some of Yoo Kyoung Noh’s concepts presented in her Object 2.0 project – a concept proposal for the system of the near future, where the Internet is integrated into physical objects and spaces. Via Beyond The Beyond:
Have a great week!