Flying drones, electronic musician and virtual girlfriends, all in this week’s linkfest:
- 170 years after introducing the first postage stamp, Britain now introduces the first augmented stamp (though it requires German technology from Metaio)
- If you are thinking about taking your AR girlfriend to a real hotel room, consider going to therapy first (unless, of course, you live in Japan).
- BabelFisk is designer Mads Hindhede’s vision of speech-to-text glasses.
- Ever seen one of Aphex Twin’s videos where all the characters have the same grinning face? Now his live audience gets the same treatment.
- Virtual public art comes to Philadelphia (via @TalkingDogAR)
- I’m still mad at the Parrot AR.Drone folks for not giving me a model to play with. For some reason they decided to give one to the a blogger at touchArcade.com which posted a review.
- Apparently Layar are big enough to have a fan site http://www.layarnews.com/
For this week’s video we’ve got yet another futuristic vision, this time by German designer Björn Matthes. In his diploma project, Araproject, Matthes adds an energetic urban twist to augmented reality:
Have a beautiful week, happy Eid-ul-Fitr and Rosh Hashanah.