Time again for another bout of augmented reality links:
- Keep calm and carry on: the United Kingdom is looking to use augmented reality in the fight against terrorism. Have an idea on how to make this happen? help them out.
- Apple patents augmented reality first-person shooting games. Not that they are the first ones who thought about it.
- Augmented Planet holding their second annual Readers Choice Award. There’s a Samsung phone to be won.
- Layar shows off its interesting spectrum of layers, applications and games “Creating Impactful Augmented Reality Experiences“. (via @GaryPHayes)
- The ARDrone is not the only robot avatar to augmented reality. From France comes Sparx.
- Nice promotional game from Zugara, leveraging their virtual wardrobe software for having some fun.
This week’s video shows the creative things you can do using computer vision, projector and balls. It’s called Bounce, and apparently was made by Eberhard Gräther as a student project. If you like it, I suggest checking Gräther’s site for other interesting (non AR related) projects:
Have a great week!