I’m going to London next week (where I’ll might be tempted to get a Kinect), so this is probably the last linkfest till mid-December. I’ll try to keep my twitter account updated with interesting links while I’m away. Anyway, here’s this week’s linkfest:
- Where is the money in augmented reality? I’ve tried my best to answer this question on Quora, but you may have other ideas.
- Volkswagen Personnel Trained in Augmented Reality, the marker adorned Beetle never looked better (via @kurakura).
- Chris Grayson shares is overview of the current state of Kinect open source development.
- The guys at Metaio are also playing with Kinect.
- Going commando: take a shot at winning $10,000 by creating an AR video with Lindsay Lohan.
I never met the guys from Layar in person, but I think I would really enjoy a conversation with any one of the founders. I think the secret of their success is not luck or being first to market (which they weren’t), but being both highly intelligent, yet very nice folks. Here’s a short interview with Claire Boonstra on Layar’s past and future. Winning quote – Augmented reality is the next mass medium, the first unboxed medium:
Have a great week!