We have got plenty of augmented reality links this week, so enjoy the show:
- From CES:
- Recon’s ski goggles with built in display, gps and other sensors, and as this video shows, you can even add a camera to it. Imagine what a talented hacker can do with this setup.
- Vuzix presented Raptyr, the first see through AR glasses poised for consumers (via @joeludwig)
- Tom’s annual “augmented reality year in review” is once again the best summary of 2010 from the AR perspective. However, if you just can’t get enough, here’s Synthetic-Toys.com summary.
- While Nokia is trying to predict the future, and one of their trends for 2010 is AR and visual search. And the best way to predict the future, is making it, and for Nokia this means letting Point&Find evolve. (thanks @genebecker and @anthonyashbrook)
- The Second International AR Standards meeting is coming to Barcelona in mid February.
- Augmented reality in real 3d coming to Nintendo 3ds
- AR Monopoly. Not Layar, the board game.
Here’s yet another amazing AR project utilizing the power of Kinect’s sensor. Tobias Blum and Prof. Nassir Navab of TU Munich used a Kinect to overlay CT data on a person in real time, transforming a big screen into a magic mirror. It’s also a good party trick for Halloween. More info here.
Have an excellent week!