links, who wants some links?
- Metaio & USA Today launched an AR Super Bowl application that puts you in the middle of the Cowboy’s stadium.
- Virtual fishing with an augmented reel (via @yoav85)
- If fishing is too peaceful for you, the AR gun makes augmented reality shooting games more realistic than ever.
- Russian AR Door demo a neat science project – combining Total Immersion’s D’Fusion, Vuzix glasses and multitouch screens.
- Is LiveStache the world first live video AR iPhone app to put a mustache on your face?
- Most QR code scans are now taking place in the US (as long as you don’t consider Japan)
I found this week’s video on Toby’s weekend “linkfest”. It’s one more example how augmented reality can upgrade almost any old board game, this time making “battleships” more interactive. As Toby rightfully states, there’s no need for two boards when AR is deployed, as the two players can be shown different views of the same board. Still, it’s a cool demo:
Have a great week!