ARE2011 is only two days away, and I’m going to miss it (this time its my fault, and I can’t blame Delta Airways). I’m a lame excuse for an AR blogger, I know. If you go there, please shoot some videos and share!
- Tish Shute interviews Vernor Vinge on the promise, progress and threats of AR. “I see four or five concurrently active paths to the Singularity … If we humans want to keep our hand in the game, AR is an important thing to pursue.”
- Sending text messages while driving is a risky behavior, is augmenting reality while driving doubly so?
- Much have changed, even more stayed the same – virtual reality and augmented reality in 1990, a lot of potential limited by available technology
- Cyborgs and the augmented reality they Inhabit – I must confess that although this discussion seems interesting it’s too much philosophical for me
- What’s better than a phone with a 3d display? A phone with a 3d display used to augment reality, a collaboration between LG and Wikitude
- If you are a Junaio user and live in Ireland, you can win a Mazda.
Our weekly video comes today from the Future Lions 2011 contest, where young advertising professionals are called to “Advertise a product from a global brand in a way that couldn’t have been done five years ago, to an audience of your choosing”. Tom Houser and Victoria Trow came up a way to use augmented reality as an alternative source of income for record companies. I am a bit of a skeptic, but it’s an interesting idea nonetheless:
Have a great week!