I founded the Augmented Reality New York meetup (ARNY) exactly 4 years ago as a labor of love, and it developed a life of it’s own: attracting nearly 1500 members, introducing 200 Augmented Reality demos, helping advance AR in NYC, creating partnerships, helping AR enthusiasts find jobs, and spurring some fantastic AR startups.
How did we celebrate last night’s ARNY?
With a fantastic collections of speakers and demos from all over the world: Israel, Canada, Columbia and New York City.
Huge shout out for our wonderful host Mark Skwarek at NYU Poly!
1) Brendan Scully – Metaio – first ever SLAM demo on Google glass from the Augmented Reality Company
2) Niv Borenstein – Kazooloo – A truly fun to play Augmented Reality game-toy combination
3) Keiichi Matsuda – Hyper-Reality – A new vision for the future with plenty of Augmented Reality goodness. Back him on Kickstarter!
4) Dhan Balachand – Founder and CEO, Sulon Technologies – a new head mounted console that will fully immerse players into games where the real world and the virtual world become one.
5) Ori Inbar – The latest and greatest from around the world of augmented reality
AR on Sony Playstation 4 featuring Augmented Reality on mainstream TV
MIT Tangible Interfaces: inForm – Interacting with a dynamic shape display
8Tree – fastCHECK is a revolutionary surface inspection system that is amazingly easy to use combining a laser scanner with a projector to help inspect aircrafts.
2013 DEMO Gods winner review – Pristine – Delivering the next generation of telemedicine and process control solutions at the point of care through Google Glass.
Moto X box opening AR experience – Augmenting paper popup for story telling
One Fat Sheep’s Hell Pizza Zombie game (New Zealand)
TWNKLS cool Augmented Reality SLAM demo for maintenance and repair at Europort
Re+Public new AR mural app – resurrecting murals with Augmented Reality
Nikola Tesla app IndieGoGo launch by Brian Yetzer
Stay tuned for a full video of the entire event