Well, we’ve got a dwindled bag of links today, after some very busy weeks:
- Tom Carpenter is showcasing Metaio Unifeye Designer, and once again proves that a video review is much better than a confused textual review.
- Previously augmented reality enabled you to lift the FA Cup, now it’s Cannes’ Lion award. Next time, the Oscar.
- Israeli Lumus and German Fraunhofer each working on semi transparent glasses (and least the ones by Lumus look a little bit okay)
- And more from Israel – the Israeli version of The Entourage is about an augmented reality startup (Hebrew video, but some nice visuals starting at 2:00)
- Popular Science will have a “special” augmented cover next week.
- Ubisoft’s Youup lets you transform yourself to an Iceage 3 character on Windows Live Messenger (via @Ben_Echangeur)
If I’ve missed any linkfest worthy news-bit, feel free to comment.
This week’s video clip comes to us from Hogeschool voor de Kunsten Utrecht in the Netherlands, where students created a simcity like augmented reality game. If I read the google translation of this page correctly, the goal of the game is to show the benefits of working together and selling local agricultural products in a store along the highway.
Have a nice week!