The last week of 2009 was quite a slow one, and having Thomas K. Carpenter join Games Alfresco, diminishes my list of resources even further. Nevertheless, here are some AR related news-bits that we haven’t covered this week:
- Just before moving to Games Alfresco, Thomas had the most exquisite, well researched review of 2009 in AR.
- Adweek has four alternatives to using webcam and Flash when using AR to promote your product (with examples).
- Augmented Planet on EyePly that are set to augment sport venues.
- One niche of AR browsers that’s getting crowded very fast, is ski-related browsers. Resort Technology Partners’ REALSKI is yet another of this kind with a neat business plan – each mountain map costs you another 99 cents.
- If you are living in Copenhagen, you can use Layar to see air pollution readings around you.
Now, if I get it right, Soho is a men magazine from Colombia that employed AR to boost its sales. Which is one step closer to my prediction about Playboy getting augmented. (via Design Memo for Ourselves)
Have a great week!