This tradition cannot be stopped, here’s another weekly linkfest:
- Pocket Lint posted many articles about AR celebrating “AR Week“, and I must admit that I haven’t read any one of those yet for a lack of time. But they do seem interesting though!
- Sony follows Nintendo’s lead, and demos augmented reality on the next gen PSP. Is this evidence of AR becoming a must have feature for mobile games platforms?
- Stealth AR startup Bubbli to make “the virtual and the real become indistinguishable”, and they are looking for workers. If only I was living in California …
- Join the army they said, train using augmented reality they said.
- Layar is now available on Symbian, joining old rival Wikitude.
- BTW, congrats to Layar for being one of MIT’s Technology Review 50 most innovative companie, next to giants like Facebook, Apple and Google. Also there – PrimeSense of Kinect’s fame.
This week’s video comes from Robert Scoble’s tour in SRI International, showing a handbag buying application, using Kinect to make it seem like a real handbag is actually dangling from the lady’s arm. See more videos, including one aboud head mounted display based AR gaming, in this post, titled “A Look At How SRI Is Augmenting The Human Condition“:
Have a great week!