Quite a busy week, and unfortunately I was knocked out by the cold to write about all that was happening in real time. Luckily, the weekly linkfest is here as a compensation of sorts.
- Nokia Research Center Hollywood experiment with augmented story telling in the Westwood Experience.
- Porter Novelli has uploaded many interviews and lectures held at the Web 2.0 Expo on November to Youtube. Here’s Ori Inbar’s famous presentation (now narrated by the man himself), look at the related videos for other interesting finds. (thanks goes to Augmented Pro).
- Wikitude 4 is out.
- Is AR leading the way to the Matrix?
- Nike’s True City is an iPhone app that combines local recommendations,QR codes and augmented reality (oh, and some shoe ads)
- A virtual version of Shaquille O’Neal augments power-drinks.
Remember the fake iPhone app Nude It (yes, there’s a real app by this name, but it doesn’t have the same “capabilities”)? Well, forget about it. This fake app, named iNaked, is far better:
As a matter of fact, I have no clue how it was done. It seems to me that making this fake demo took more time than it took making some of the real AR applications out there. (via Gizmodo)
Anyway, have a great week!